LA based composer Gregory James Jenkins joins us this week to talk about scoring everything from Disney cartoons to horror films. We talk with Gregory about how he got started as a composer, his process and what he enjoys about making music for film and TV!
WHO IS GREGORY JAMES JENKINS?
Gregory James Jenkins is a composer working in Los Angeles, probably most well known for composing the music for the 2015 horror/comedy The Final Girls, starring Taissa Farmiga and Malin Ackerman. Unless of course you have children who watch the Disney show Goldie and Bear, which he also does music for.
- Starting off working for a music tech company.
- Getting the job at Machine Head.
- Getting the opportunity to make music for money.
- How Gregory got his chops.
MAKING THE LEAP
- Making the jump from music for commercials to Film and TV.
- Seizing the opportunity.
- How Gregory likes to work.
- How many revisions is too many?
- What is Gregory’s style?
- What’s next?
WHERE TO FIND GREGORY
Gregory on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4613059/
Upcoming projects: Live Bait a short film that premiered on American Horror Story 10/10/2017
We want to hear from you.