Timothy is back on Making Movies is Hard! Alrik and Timothy catch up on the last few weeks and talk a deal Timothy was offered from Crypt TV and how that all went down.
The Daily Struggle
Timothy and Alrik recap the episodes with Colin
- Alrik and Colin used an outline for the episode 47 but not 48.
- Timothy thinks that the episodes work better when we are on topic.
- Alrik mentions feed back from a listener who prefers the less emotional episodes.
Timothy’s vacation and John Truby
- Timothy turned it off for a couple weeks and it was GREAT!
- Reading John Truby’s book ‘The Anatomy of Story: 22 Steps to Becoming a Master Storyteller.’
- It’s been a dense read so far but it’s been very useful for Timothy’s writing.
- Alrik just stares at it sitting on the shelf and hasn’t read it yet.
Alrik’s Corporate Video Work
- Alrik has been busy shooting corporate videos, Timothy asks Alrik some questions about his work, is he learning anything?
- Alrik talks about not expanding his corporate work in favor of focusing on narrative filmmaking.
GOOD DEALS, BAD DEALS, CONTRACTS AND LAWYERS
We got an acquisition offer for Over My Dead Body from Crypt TV.
What was the deal?
How did we feel about it?
What did we decide to do?
If the movie was entirely ours, would we have done the deal
Looking back on it, would we have done anything differently?
Same for Timothy with his projects.
Timothy’s deal for Spirit Machine.
How was this different than the OMDB deal. Better or worse?
What do we know about lawyers?
Is getting a lawyer worth the additional expense?
When do you think you should get a lawyer involved?
Things to Share
Last minute thing to share, Brother is on Aint it Cool News!
Thanks to Muldoon for running the Saturday Shorts program and showing short filmmakers some much needed love!
Thanks for listening!
What Do You Think?
Do you disagree?
Do you have an experience to share?