You might not always, or ever, get the results you want with your film. It can be discouraging. How do you survive? This week we talk about pushing forward with your films and never giving up.
The Daily Struggle
- Timothy talks about his latest commercial project and his experience shooting in Alaska and Arizona. We talk about how we’d go about finding unique locations (like an ice road or copper mine) with little first-hand experience and the difference between an agency producer and a line producer.
- Keep a look out for the next two episodes with Evan Kidd and Hassan Said
- It’s been a week since the Brother premiere. Alrik catches us up on how the film is doing and how he’s continuing to push the film out into the world.
- Alrik catches us up on the YouTube release of Strange Thing and the “spicy” comments he’s getting.
- What’s next? Alrik is working on The Rage.
- What are the benefits of editing without music and sound?
Topic of the Week – Never Give Up
Things will often not work out the way you want them to, no matter how much work and how much you try, sometimes you can’t get what you want. How do we deal with the disappointment that comes with filmmaking?
Feature Film Updates
The Alternate – Alrik shares some funding advice
The Haunted Toyhouse – Timothy is at a crossroads with the current draft of the script
Alrik’s film Brother is on-line. Go check it out!
Thanks for listening
What Do You Think?
Do you disagree?
Do you have an experience to share?