What makes a good Kickstarter campaign? From making a great video to choosing the right rewards, we tell you our secrets.
Show Notes / Links
The Daily Struggle
- Timothy reaches 55,000 views on “LONE” and surpasses Alrik’s “Strange Thing” record
- Alrik talks about getting rejected from more festivals and we discuss the difficulty of making it into film festivals
- Timothy talks about the post-project depression
Topic of the Week – What Makes A Good Kickstarter Campaign?
Between the two of them, Alrik and Timothy have raised more than $100,000 on Kickstarter for their films. How did they do it? This week we talk about what makes a good Kickstarter campaign.
What Makes A Good Kickstarter Campaign?
- What do you put on the page?
- What do you put in your video?
- What’s a good reward?
- What’s a bad reward?
- How do you tell people about your project?
Timothy’s favorite Kickstarter Campaign is Princess Cicada
Alrik’s favorite Kickstarter Campaign is Blue Ruin
What Happens After Your Campaign Is Over?
- Kickstarter and Credit Card Fees
- How the IRS Gets Involved
- 1099s and w-9s
- Backer Rewards
Take your time, Kickstarter is it’s own project.
Things to Share
Thanks for listening
What Do You Think?
Do you disagree?
Do you have an experience to share?