This week Timothy talks about a tough experience dealing with his internal critic and talks to Alrik about how he’s dealing with it. Alrik talks about his internal critic and how he works through it. What do you say to the voice that says ‘You aren’t good enough’?
Show Notes / Links
The Daily Struggle
- Alrik talks about Directing The Rage and his big moment of crises.
(Alrik with Sophia LaPaglia and Jeff Moore on set of The Rage)
- Alrik and Timothy talk about how The Rage shoot went and how Alrik’s feeling.
- Timothy talks about directing his commercial and the struggles he faced.
(This is the Poochie Simpson’s clip Alrik talks about on the show)
- Timothy talks about the difference between directing a commercial and a short.
- Timothy talks a little bit about the downside to being a commercial director.
Topic of the Week –Dealing With Your Internal Critic
Right after the holiday break Timothy flew to LA to record a VO for his commercial project and he was feeling really really nervous. The voice in his head was saying “You’re not good enough” “You’re not talented enough” and “You should just give up”. He shared this experience with some friends and got some advice on how to deal with his inner critic.
- When do you hear it most often?
- Is this normal?
- How strong is it compared to the positive voice?
- What are some of the ways you deal with this voice?
- Standing by the decisions you make.
- There are multiple truths.
- Will the voice ever go away?
Things to Share
- Check out the itunes reviews we read on the show!
- The Rage Kickstarter, share it, support it and click on it!
Thanks for listening
What Do You Think?
We want to hear from you
Do you disagree?
Do you have an experience to share?