How can we grow our film communities? Whether you are in a small town with no infrastructure or a major city, what can we do to bring people together? Timothy and Alrik talk about their ideas on what the future of filmmaking in the bay area could look like and what everyone else could be doing no matter where they are.
Show Notes / Links
The Daily Struggle
- Timothy talks about his recent progress and how he feels almost like an imposter.
- Who deserves to be a filmmaker? If we were making films in the old days, would we even have an opportunity? Are we only filmmakers because of the easy access to film technology?
- Alrik talks about being in a little bit of a depression last week and pulling himself out of it.
- Timothy dives deeper into Alrik’s negative feelings and how he can relate.
Topic of the Week – How Can We Grow Our Film Communities?
- Timothy asks Alrik to give a rundown of where this subject came from.
- Alrik talks about Coffee and Catchup christmas party and what that experience was like.
- Here is the article about Todd Traina that Timothy found about the SF film community.
- They talk about the San Francisco Film Society and what they know about it.
- The Scary Cow film incubator and what they are doing for the film community.
- What can we do to really strengthen the film community and have more films being made in our community?
- Using Scary Cow as a model, what does a possibly solution look like?
- Tales From The Darkside: The Movie Trailer.
- Timothy talks a little about what this looks like in different communities, what if you live in the middle of nowhere, how can you connect with people?
- Wrap up, what does Timothy’s dream for the Bay Area film community look like?
- What does Alrik’s dream for the Bay Area film community look like?
Things to Share
Alrik talks about Creed some more and encourages the world to go see it. Timothy agrees.
Thanks for listening
What Do You Think?
We want to hear from you
Do you disagree?
Do you have an experience to share?