This week Timothy and Alrik are once again joined by Colin Levy to have a gloves off conversation about Over My Dead Body. Colin does most of the talking and really pinpoints exactly how and why the short doesn’t work.
Show Notes / Links
If Over My Dead Body had been a better short (overall) would we have seen more views online?
- Please feel free to download the script to OMDB (originally Zombie Romance) and read along with the conversation.
- We dig right into OMDB, Timothy outlines how he feels about it and Alrik outlines his thoughts.
- Colin talks about what worked for him and sets up what was missing.
- Colin talks about making things clear for the audience and outlines some beats that don’t work for him.
- We talk about the importance of having intention with every decision and that often times clarity with the emotions that the actors are displaying is the most important factor.
- Lastly we talk about given lack of time, lack of budget and lack of resources, is it better to make a flawed film than no film at all?
Shameless Plugs/Things to Share
We don’t mention it in the show but Timothy and I are both going to be at a local christmas party for the group Actors/Filmmakers group Coffee and Catchup on Tuesday December 1st. If you are in the area you should come out, have some egg nog and say hello, it should be a fun event!
What Do You Think?
We want to hear from you
Do you disagree?
Do you have an experience to share?