Timothy and Alrik talk about how they know when a project is done. How do you decide to lock an edit or send out a script? We talk about our method for making these decisions and much more.
Show Notes / Links
The Daily Struggle
- Alrik and Timothy talk about going to the Creative Crew RWC event and how inspiring it was to meet and chat with a bunch of local filmmakers and artists. Check out their website here!
- How are Timothy and Alrik feeling after talking with Colin, what did they take away from the conversation?
- Alrik asks Timothy about his meetings with agencies as a commercial director and talk about how they both think movies get made. Can you expect to be hired as a director to work on a film or will you have to hustle to raise money and to get your first feature made? Check out production companies XYZ Films and A24 Films.
Topic of the Week
- How do you decide when a film is finished, how did Timothy know OMDB was done?
- Alrik talks about his process on editing Brother.
- Timothy talks about his process on Spirit Machine.
- How do you manage VFX, what about music?
- How far can you push your team at the indie level?
- We talk about the emotional component of finishing a film and how deciding something is done can be a very stressful process.
- Lastly we talk about scripts and how we both decide when a script is done.
Shameless Plugs/Things to Share
Duplass Brothers short film ‘This is John’ which we mention in our discussion about getting views on short films. Nothing else to promote this week.
Thanks for listening
What Do You Think?
We want to hear from you
Do you disagree?
Do you have an experience to share?