We premiered our short film Over My Dead Body at the San Jose International Short Film Festival. This week we talk about the festival premiere and how we felt both during and after the screening.
Show Notes / Links
The Daily Struggle
- Alrik is feeling depressed
- Alrik talks about not doing enough
- Alrik talks about a new secret project
- Timothy and Alrik share stories about trying to find scripts they want to direct
We answer a listener question from Perry Wexelberg @thewexel Oct 26 @mmihpodcast do you see your movies as works of art? Or are they popular entertainment? What is the relationship between art and indie film?
Topic of the Week – What’s it like to release your film into the world?
The festival release of “Over My Dead Body”
- how did it feel leading up to it?
- How did it feel to see the other films at the festival?
- How did OMDB do and Timothy and Alrik analyze the audience reaction. Timothy talks about how he thinks OMDB could have been better. Alrik defends the decisions they made.
- They talk about wanting to make a different movie
- Download Timothy’s treatment for “Over My Dead Body”
- Now that it’s over, what would you differently?
How did the on-line release go? Did it live up to your expectations? What are the struggles of an on-line release? What’s next for the on-line release?
Thanks for listening
What Do You Think?
We want to hear from you
Do you disagree?
Do you have an experience to share?