This week Timothy talks a bit about restructuring his approach to his script, which leads to a deep conversation about how he and Alrik come up with the stories they write. This week is all about where stories come from, plus some big news from Alrik about The Alternate.
The Daily Struggle
- Timothy talks about being away from his creative work for a week and the steps he is taking to get back on track.
- Alrik and Timothy talk through how they work through issues with their stories.
How We Approach Stories
How do you come up with your stories? Timothy and Alrik talk about where their ideas come from and how they get started.
- Where do Timothy’s ideas come from?
- How did the script he is working on get started?
- Alrik talks about how everything he has been writing lately came from some sort of prompt.
- Alrik talks through the process of coming up with a short film pitch for Crypt TV.
- What are some of the other ways we come up with stories?
The Alternate News!
This week Alrik drops some exciting news about The Alternate!
- Producer Jeffrey Allard has joined The Alternate team!
- Jeff’s credits include executive producing the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remakes from the early 2000s and a slew of indie horror and drama films over the last 15 years.
- Alrik has also set the shoot dates for The Alternate for the Fall of 2018!
- Lastly, if you’d like to be part of The Alternate as an investor or potentially join the team, please feel free to send an email to Alrik directly to get the conversation started! We are looking for graphic designers, VFX artists and a slew of other partners to help make this thing happen!
Join our Facebook Community
We started an indie filmmaker’s community on Facebook where filmmakers can ask questions and share work. Come hang out with us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1798997870171718/